When you have more time for conversation and the property owner appears interested or has questions, there are other important topics to cover upfront. Include some of the following points in your first extended conversation with a property owner, if appropriate:
- The company asked me to develop a few good choices to submit for their final evaluation and site selection.
- The company engineers will do an analysis to decide which location they prefer.
- Locations not selected become back-up choices in case the first choice doesn’t work.
- The site consists of a [dimensions of] equipment space or building and a [height] tower or pole (if appropriate).
- The company needs to bring power lines and fiber-optic cable to the facility.
- The company requires 24/7/365 access to the facility, in case of an emergency.
- The company routinely visits the site about once or twice per month for a few hours.
- Can you think of areas on the property that would work best for you?